Tokai Bipolar Air Terminal (TBAT)
The revolutionary, cutting edge technology to prevent the occurrence of lightning strikes.
When a thunderstorm approaches, Tokai Bipolar Air Terminal (TBAT) causes the advance discharge (corona) to neutralize the electric charge in the atmosphere, thus reducing the thunderstorm’s electric field and preventing the protected asset from being struck by lightning.
The benefits of TBAT include
- Safety of human lives
- Reduction of system downtime Increased productivity
- Enhanced structural protection
- Peace of mind for all buildings, rooftop equipment & its electrical contents, such as
– Lift Motor Room
– Telecommunications Antenna
– Aircraft Warning System
– Air-conditioning and Chiller System
– Building Management System
– CCTV System and etc
The Product Concept
How does it work?
When a thunderstorm approaches, Tokai Bipolar Air Terminal (TKA 300) causes the advance discharge (corona) to neutralize the electric charge in the atmosphere, thus reducing the thunderstorm’s electric field and preventing the protected asset from being struck by lightning.
Tokai Bipolar Air Terminal (T-BAT) NEUTRALIZES lightning instead of attracting it
- Stainless Steel Air Terminal shaft (STS-304) and Electrolyte Polishing
- High Quality Polymer Insulation System similar to those used at High Voltage 132kV/275kV transmission line system
- Maximum corona discharge performance based on the Bipolar Theory
- Maintenance free with no moving parts or electronics incorporated
- Model Name: T-BAT (Tokai Bipolar Air Terminal)
- Model No: TKA 300
- Height: 400mm
- Weight: approx. 2kg
Field Proven at over 10,000 sites in Asia!
Tokai Bipolar Air Terminal is ideal for the following industries
- MRT / LRT / Railway system
- High Rise & Commercial Developments Buildings
- Oil & Gas Facilities
- Solar Farms
- Power Stations, Transmission Stations & Distribution Stations
- Petrol Stations
- Data Control Centers
- Fire Stations
- Universities & Schools
- Airports and Port Authorities
Get In Touch With Us!
Tokai’s world-class lightning protection systems and security engineering solutions keep the nation’s infrastructures safe and minimizes downtime. If you have any enquiries or require further information, get in touch with us! Our qualified and highly experienced personnel is available to provide quality consultation and to offer the customized solution for your needs.